Cooking at home : Chicken and Vegetable Enchilada
The month of October just started and come to think of it, I haven’t posted a lot of food related entries here. The fact that I can post anything about it anytime because I majored in Culinary Arts, I worked as a cook in the Philippines and now I am a Chef Intern here in Australia.
Upon coming here in a foreign country, I became independent especially on cooking my food. I noticed that since I came here, I begun cooking more creatively. I started to try out new recipes and even invent my own. So now, I decided to create a topic here on my blog about my home cooked recipes. There are lots of recipe variations all over the internet but I just wanted to share how I prepared and cooked mine.
I love spices and flavours. So I asked my mom’s friend if she wanted to have Enchilada for Lunch.
Chicken and Vegetable Enchilada
1pc Chicken Breast/ Thigh Fillet, sliced into strips
1pc Zucchini, thinly sliced
1pc Eggplant, thinly sliced
150-200g Tomato Paste
1pc small Onion, chopped
2-3 cloves Garlic, Minced
2-3pc medium Tomato, seeded and cubed
*Red Kidney Beans (Optional)
*1-3tsp Ground Cumin
*2-3tsp Coriander paste (or fresh)
*1-2 tsp Cloves
*1/2 to 1tsp Chili Paste (or fresh chilli/chilli flakes/chilli powder)
*Salt and Pepper, to taste
*Cheese, grated (quickmelt / cheddar is best used)
* add/ lessen to your liking
1. Preheat oven to 150C. Line a baking tray
2. In a saucepan, sautee Onion, garlic and tomato in a little oil. Then add tomato paste, water (to thin out the sauce). Add Vinegar, Coriander, cumin, cloves and chilli to your liking. Season with salt and pepper. Stir. Set aside.
3. Pan fry chicken in a separate pan. Set aside.
4. Assemble: (Vegetable) Soft Taco, Spread sauce evenly, layer Zucchini and Eggplant topped with sauce and cheese. Then close taco.
(Chicken) Soft Taco, Spread sauce evenly, put chicken strips, top sauce and cheese. Then close taco.
(Chicken and Veg) Soft taco, Spread sauce evenly, layer Zucchini, eggplant and chicken with sauce and cheese.
5. Bake for 15minutes or until cooked. Serve with Sourcream (Sourcream + Coriander) or Guacamole (Avocado, Onion, Tomato, Coriander, s&p) on the side.
Leave a comment or anything here. Tell me how yours tasted and your suggestions.