Beauty: Going Natural
I was recently inspired by the Natural looks that Michelle Phan did in her tutorials. I decided to blog about how I do my own Natural “No Make Up” look. But I won’t post a tutorial here. I am just going to enumerate the steps to achieve it and some products that I used.
1. Start with a clean face (Cleanse and Tone). You can also scrub every two weeks(to remove dead/dry skin) and have a Mask for extra cleansing/ to refresh your skin). Try using St. Ives Face Scrub and Mineral Clay Firming Mask/ Queen Helene Mint Julep.
2. Moisturize. I always do this even though I have combination to oily skin. Knowing your skin type will make it easier for you to find product to use. I use Clinique Moisturizing Gel.
3. Prime your face (for make up to last) especially during hot weather. I’m used to using Barenaturals Skin Perfecting Primer. You can also use BB Cream as your base. I’m still searching for a good product though (Thinking of buying Etude House or Faceshop BB Cream). But in the meantime, I am using Maybeline BB Cream (It causes my skin to oil. Thumbs down).
4. Conceal dark spots and undereye area. Finally, I got a new concealer and it’s cheap. I am used to using Prestige Concealer in Mocha but I ran out. I found out that Ever Bilena Mousse Concealer is good so I tried getting one. It really did a nice cover on my spots and Undereye area.🙂
5. Foundation. To aim for a natural look, try using a light to medium coverage foundation. For me, I use Mineral powder foundation (because of my skin type) to even out my skin tone on face. I use a Flat Top Kabuki Brush to buff out the powder. A little goes a long way.
6. Prime Lids (If you have oily lids and for better base). This will intensify your e/s color and help not crease it. I haven’t tried Urban Decay Primer Potion though.😦 But I’m using E.L.F. Eye Primer stick and I recently got the liquid one(Rreviews said It’s better than the stick.
7. Use Neutral E/s. Whether you want a one e/s color or a Smoky look, Neutral shades are the best. Highlight and Contour. Most of the time I use my 88 Neutral Palette from Beauty Cosmetics.
8. Line Eyes. Tightlining or Invisible Eyeliner is more Natural. For more natural look, use brown. But If you want a more defined eyes, go for black eyeliner. For Waterline, use Peach Colored eyeliner if you’re not into White. Also try using e/s as eyeliner, just spritz some water on your brush/ spongetip.
7. Curl Lashes and Apply Mascara. This is a good trick to fake a doll eye.🙂 Also apply Mascara on lower lashes. I use Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion (For Volume and Length).
8. Define brows. Use a shade that matches your browhair. Try using Powder for your brows for a natural look.
9. Blush, Highlight and Contour. Choose a blush that you like and apply to the apples of your cheek. But because I’m a round face, I put my blush a bit lower than my apples. I also Contour my cheek area, temples of the forehead and jawline to make my face thinner. I also highlight my browbone and inner tear ducts of the eye using White eyeliner pencil or peach color e/s for a fresher look. (Contouring and Highlighting are optional)
10. Put Color into your lips. Scrub your lips to remove dry patches of skin and for fuller and smoother lips. You can either put plain lip Balm (I love Carmex), tinted balm (try Etude House Apricot Stick or Barenaturals Lip products) or Lip gloss (try Face Shop Glosses). But I used a Matte Pink lipstick for a cute finish.🙂 For a long wearing and even fuller lips, use Lipliner (Color closest to your lip color).
*For touch up:
1. Blot first your face whether it’s blotting paper or a tissue paper.
2. Touch up using powder
3. If entire lipcolor faded, Erase first the color of your lips and reapply.
*By the end of the day:
1. Don’t forget to Remove your Make up with a remover. This will make it easier for you to cleanse your face thoroughly. If you don’t have a remover, try using Olive oil.
**PM me if you want to know more about the products or anything.🙂